You want the best for your child. But you are also a busy person and school tours and application lists seem to take a long time. With over 24,000 schools in the UK, you don’t have time to tour every school and even if you did, you aren’t sure what to look for. All open days make schools look amazing, but how can you be sure which one is right for your child?
We understand that school selection can often be a series of confusing application days and that the best choice of school for your child may not be obvious.
By working together with schools and education specialists, Top School and Uni stays up to date with the latest school selection criteria to ensure that you are supported in your choice. Our school placement programme offers you this support, guiding you through school selection, to acceptance and beyond.
Each school placement starts with a conversation with your family and your child, either online or in your home environment. This allows our consultant to understand your priorities when choosing a school.
After the initial meeting, your consultant will draw up a long list of recommendations which you can research in your own time.
Your consultant will be available to answer questions via phone, online video call or face to face. They will help you to understand what each school requires for the application, any application dates you need to be aware of and possible scholarship opportunities. They may also support you during your visits to some of your shortlisted schools.
We know that along the way your opinions and priorities may change so our consultants are always happy to go back and review your shortlist at any point in this programme
Once you have decided which schools you would like to apply for, your consultant will then support you in your application. Top School & Uni provides parents with a road map outlining the steps they will need to take to ensure that their child is able to enter the top UK school for them.
If requested, we will connect with the school on your behalf, supporting your family through the application process.
We can also support any entrance tuition that will be needed to prepare your child for entrance exams.
Each school placement is directly overseen by our Director and our team of consultants are able to support your child every step of the way.
This service includes:
- Personalised introductory consultation to ascertain key parental priorities.
- Review of the student’s current academic profile, taking into account their most recent school report and exam results.
- Assessment of the student’s current academic ability and potential in both English and Maths. Other subjects can be administered at this stage if necessary.
- Bespoke report with recommendations for schools, determined by the student’s academic profile and the key criteria identified at the initial consultation. This report includes application deadlines, admissions criteria, scholarship opportunities and personal components.
- Our road map, to ensure that the family is clear on all the necessary steps for their child’s chosen point of entry.
- Access to our interview preparation when needed
- Access to recorded courses which are exclusive to this programme – including: how to prepare your child for an assessment day, what to ask on school tours to ensure that you get the answers you need, how to get your child ready to move schools etc.
- Administrative support – inclusive of completion of application paperwork, continued liaisons with school, ongoing application management.
Services available to School Placement members (if applicable):
- Link ups with trusted guardian agencies for children outside of the U.K.
- Tour/visit assistance, including access to our schools consultants who can accompany visits if applicable.
- Assessment preparation including a tutoring plan and priority access to our top tutors if applicable.
Our Students Have Recently Received Offers From
We help families to prepare their children for their first steps into formal education. We take care to understand your family’s aspirations and preferences for your child’s early education. Our consultants will help your family to feel confident that your child is getting the best possible start to their academic career.
Deciding which preparatory school is right for your child takes time and careful consideration. We take care to understand your family’s requirements for your child’s education. Our team takes the time to get to know your family and help you to make an informed decision that is right for your child.
Choosing the right school for your child is one of the most important decisions you will make as a parent. Our consultants help families to secure places at the best schools in the country – not only those that are academically outstanding but ones that mirror your child’s interests and ambitions. We take care to learn about your child and understand your family’s aspirations. This allows us to recommend schools where your child is most likely to flourish.