How Can We Help You Find A School?

It is not unusual for young people to struggle with one or two subjects at some point in their academic career. For most children the difficulties are temporary and are soon overcome with help and encouragement. However, children with ‘Special Educational Needs’ (or S.E.N.) will need specialised help, known as special educational provision, to reach their full potential. The term S.E.N. is used to describe a learning difficulty that makes it harder for some children to learn compared to most children of the same age.

Finding the right school for S.E.N. children can be a challenge and a ‘one size fits all’ approach doesn’t work. That’s why Top School & Uni has S.E.N. specialist advisors who are qualified to provide guidance in this area. Our tutors create a tailored journey for each family, helping students to find and apply for the right school for them.

One Of Our Specialist Tutors

Claire Leech – S.E.N. Specialist

Claire is our S.E.N. expert at The Education Hotel. With a wealth of experience, Claire is available to answer any queries, as well as offer guidance and tuition to parents about their child’s specialist needs.

What Claire has to say:

“I have a broad range of experience working with students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) from beginner to Master’s Degree Level and across a range of subjects. This includes supporting students who have dyslexia, autism/Aspergers and pathological demand avoidance (PDA). I have worked as a SENCo in a secondary school and specialise in teaching maths, English Language, numeracy and literacy.”

Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) support, Maths and English language, Numeracy and Literacy

National Award for Special Educational Needs Co-ordination (NASENCo) • PGCE (Awaiting qualification) • Oxford Brookes University
Certificates in Autism Training • National Autistic Society
Qualified Teacher: Learning and Skills • QTLS • Institute for Learning
Certificate in Post-Compulsory Education • Cert. Ed • Bedfordshire University
Certificate of Personal and Professional Development in Numeracy Teaching • CPPD (Level 4) • Thames Valley University
Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA) • Westminster Kingsway College
Materials Science, Economics and Management • MEng (Hons Oxon) • University of Oxford

Oxford Office: +44(0)1865 548459  

London Office: +44(0)2078 460259