If you are considering a UK university application, Top School & Uni can support you every step of the way. Through regular meetings with students and their families, we can demystify how applications work.
From creating a university shortlist, to preparing a strong personal statement and completing the UCAS application, we support students through all aspects of this process. We offer subject specific preparation alongside skills such as public speaking and interview techniques.
Gaining a place at a top UK university is a competitive and rigorous process. Each UK university placement is directly overseen by our Director and our team of consultants are able to support students every step of the way.
Our University Placement service is our most comprehensive service and provides students with a road map outlining the steps they will need to take to ensure they have the best chance of entering a top university.
We are pleased to have worked with students who have gained places at the top-ranked universities in the UK. PLEASE NOTE – we only work with a select number of students per year for our UK university placement programme – so as to keep quality high. We only invite students to join whom we feel will most benefit from long-term support.
JOINING THE UK UNIVERSITY PROGRAMME
All students considering the UK university programme are asked to book an advice session to see if they would be the right fit for the programme. In this session we will carry out an academic selection of the student (including mini mock admissions test and a mock-interview) and feedback with parent or guardians in the form of a next steps strategy session. If a student is applicable for the UK universities programme or Oxbridge universities programme, they will be invited at this time.
UK university programme
This university programme focusses on supporting student with entry to the top 100 universities* in the world (excluding Oxbridge) These top universities are recognised my employers all over the world. They include: Imperial College, University College London (UCL), The University of Edinburgh, The University of Manchester, Kings College London, London School of Economics, The University of Bristol, The University of Warwick, The University of St Andrews, Durham University.
(ranked by QS World University Rankings or one of the 24 Russel group universities)
If you are looking to make an application to Oxford or Cambridge, please see our Oxbridge university placement programme.
This service includes:
- A personalised consultation to ascertain the student’s academic aspirations
- Review of the student’s current academic profile, taking into account their most recent school report and exam results.
- Our road map, to ensure that the student is clear on all the necessary steps for their ideal university.
- Strategic planning over all relevant academic areas.
- Extracurricular and summer programme planning.
- A personal university advisor, with whom students check in regularly.
- 3 * one hour personal statement review sessions with one of our expert personal statement specialists.
- Suggested subject reading
- A work experience suggestion list
- Access to all 4 of our personal statement masterclasses
- Interview workshops covering how to shine in a university interview and speaking techniques which can help students to overcome their nerves
- 3 mock interviews
- Recorded videos covering all aspects of the university interview process
- Interview questions pack for your specific subject – so that you can go away and practice these commonly asked interview questions
- F.A.Q. session with one of our advisors to ask all the questions that you need before your interviews
- Access to all of our interview masterclasses
- UCAS completion support with advisor.
- A strategy session to decide which university offer to firm and insurance
- Dedicated hotline for results day
Services available to university placement members (if applicable):
Tour/visits planning and if necessary, in person support from one of our team during university open days.
Admissions test preparation including a tutoring plan and priority access to our top tutors if applicable.
Support with relocating to the UK for university.
Our Students Have Recently Received Offers From
Attending a British university requires advanced planning. Our university consultants can advise you on your university options; both course and institution. We help you choose the best course for your career and help you to discover whether you have what that university wants in its candidates.
Applications to Oxford and Cambridge are notoriously competitive and complex. Applying to Oxbridge requires careful preparation and forward thinking if you are to stand out among the competition. Our Oxbridge consultants have all graduated from Oxford or Cambridge and many still maintain links with the university today.
Law, medicine, dentistry and engineering are some of the most competitive UK degrees. Graduates from these subjects often enter highly successful careers around the world. If you are looking to join these graduates you will first need to make an outstanding application. Our university consultants can help guide you through the selection and application process.
Oxford Office: +44(0)1865 548459
London Office: +44(0)2078 460259