The interview process can be a daunting prospect for many students. Applicants undertake multiple interviews of different kinds, often with different lecturers, so it’s no wonder that applications can seem confusing.
Help is at hand. Top School & Uni offers a unique programme designed for students who want to learn more about how to prepare for an Oxbridge interview. Focusing on interview skills, this programme allows students to access the expertise of our tutors to tackle their specific areas of focus.
Our team will carefully select your tutor and send you a profile outlining their areas of expertise. From this point, you and your tutor can arrange timings for sessions together. We will check in regularly to ensure that you are getting the most out of your sessions. All of our specialist Oxbridge tutors are graduates from top universities, active/recently retired lecturers and all have successfully entered students into Oxford or Cambridge.
Top School & Uni prepares students for the various questions that might be asked during an interview. Based on a student’s subject, our specialist tutors will guide their student to craft a strong interview strategy by focusing on the areas of the interview that might need attention. With comprehensive reports, students can look back over their past interviews and reflect on how to improve.
Our Oxbridge mock interview programme gives students the chance to experience three one-hour, subject-specific, formal mock interviews. With feedback given to them by their specialist tutor, our students develop the skills form coherent and structured answers and alert them to areas on which to build. More importantly, it helps to give a taste of what Oxford and Cambridge interviews are really like. However that is not all our students all receive:
1. Interview workshops – each student is offered 2 workshops with our interview experts. These classes cover how to shine in a university interview and speaking techniques which can help students to overcome their nerves
2. 1:1 interview practice – each student can access 3, one hour mock interviews for their subject.
3. Recorded videos covering all aspects of the university interview process
4. Interview questions pack for your specific subject – so that you can go away and practice these commonly asked interview questions
5. F.A.Q. session with one of our advisors to ask all the questions that you need before your interviews.